Visit EHI website:

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Recommended Online Webinar w/ Dr Alfried Längle

Online Webinar: Existential Challenges During a Pandemic
April 19 & 26, 2020 

Led by Dr. Alfried Längle, MD, PhD, Dr. h.c.mult 
Hosted by MindBodyPassport
4 Continuing Education Credits 




How to Cope and Make Meaning During Quarantine 


 How do we find meaning during a time of isolation: loss of freedom, loss of routines, and loss of physical interactions? Many of us are experiencing newfound feelings of despair, meaninglessness, and loneliness. 


 Join Dr. Alfried Längle for a discussion on managing negative emotions. Learn how to turn the time of quarantine into a time of personal growth using the four tenets of existential theory. Existential analysis and logotherapy can help us to better understand why we can experience psychic pain during isolation, economic instability, and widespread disease. Not only can we gain an understanding of our emotions, but we can confront and turn around these challenges. 


 Without our jobs, loved ones, and routines, how do we construct identity? Many of us feel we are losing our sense of self during this trying time. 

 Existential analysis focuses on four tenets: 
 1- We are motivated by the fundamental question of existing in the world - I exist, but can I exist as a whole person? Do I have the necessary space, protection and support? 
 2- We are motivated by the fundamental question of life - I am alive but do I like this? Do I experience fulfillment, affection and appreciation of values? 
 3- We are motivated by the fundamental question of self - I am myself, but do I feel free to be myself? Do I experience attention, justice and appreciation? 
 4- We are motivated by the question of existential meaning - I am here, but for what purpose? What is here today to make my life a meaningful whole? What do I live for? 

 Learn how to apply practical therapeutic exercises to our current lives based on the four tenets of existential theory.

Register through the MindBodyPassport website here.